The Historic Coral Gables Woman's Club was constructed in 1937. A simple one story oolitic limestone building with a tiled roof was the results of the efforts primarily of Mrs. L. E. Langford. The city of Coral Gables donated the coral rock from the city owned quarry and the clubhouse was built on city owned property that was turned over to the Woman's Club twenty years after it was constructed. The clubhouse was the first (WPA), Works Progress Administration project in Coral Gables. With the WPA artisans carved statues and mural paintings and for $10,000.00 the Woman's Club a historic building was constructed. What was once the Junior's side of the clubhouse was the original Coral Gables library. The building is listed as number 19 on the list of Historic Landmarks in Coral Gables. We now refer to this as the South Hall, 1009.